CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Latest Happenings

Hi, everyone! I have finally managed to write something. I hope 2017 will bring many great things for all of us!
-TM, 2nd February 2017

Friday, January 14, 2011

Puppet-Making Workshop

   What do you think of puppets?

Aren't they cute?
   And yes... today we had a workshop on how to make puppets. The course was organised by Jabatan Bahasa (something they've been doing for the past two or three years for B. Ed TESL students) and conducted by Encik Zainal Ariffin Abdul Ghani. 

   It was very fun! I'm afraid I missed out on quite a bit, and I also didn't have time to take any pictures, but if I do get hold of any from my friends, I'll definitely upload them here later.

   According to our coordinator, the use of puppets is something that is emphasised on in KSSR (I explained this in a previous entry). This is because in KSSR, learning is supposed to be fun, and what better way for learning to be fun than to have activities which involve a lot of creativity and acting?

   It was amazing to see how newspapers, manila cards and even a blank piece of paper could be turned into masks, puppets and little toys (with the help of staplers, celotape, etc.) I learned that for teachers, there is no such thing as saying 'no' or ;impossible'. There is so much that we can do to make pupils interested in learning! If you fail using one technique, there are hundreds more that you can try!

   Since I don't have that much to tell you about this course, I've done a short research on the internet and found some interesting sites that teaches you how to make your own puppets. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I truly welcome comments and feedback! Whether you want to write a ten-foot long essay on why you love my post (ahhem) or simply say 'Hello!', feel free to do so! :)