CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Latest Happenings

Hi, everyone! I have finally managed to write something. I hope 2017 will bring many great things for all of us!
-TM, 2nd February 2017

Sunday, January 16, 2011

CCTS & Study Skills for Lesson Planning

   So far all the lesson plans that I've done require teachers to state the critical & creative thinking skills that will be implemented in the lesson.

   Below is a list of CCTS I got from my lecturer, as well as a list of study skills. I will edit and update if there are additions and changes. You may need to see where the skill are mentioned so you can read this entry to find out (click on the first picture). However there's no mention of study skills so if I post a lesson plan that has some, I'll put a link later.

Critical Thinking Skills
1.  Identifying characteristics
2.  Comparing and contrasting
3.  Grouping and categorising
4.  Sequencing
5.  Arranging in order of priority
6.  Analysing
7.  Identifying facts and opinions
8.  Evaluating
9.  Enhancing conclusions
10. Identifying causes and effects


Creative Thinking Skills
1.  Generating ideas
2.  Making associations
3.  Making inferences
4.  Making predictions
5.  Making hypotheses
6.  Synthesising (making generalisations)
7.  Creating mental pictures
8.  Drawing mental pictures
9.  Drawing analogies
10.  Creating metaphors


Study Skills
1.  Collecting & classifying information
2.  Translating information
3.  Analysing
4.  Synthesising
5.  Application

   I think there are different versions for this, but as I said I will update later when I find more. You can get the Bahasa Melayu version here.

   More to come in the days to come! Insya-Allah :)

9 comments:

  1. Thanks, for all this great information, I am an English teacher and I have been helped much with your support, thanks again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Good luck and thanks for the comment. ^___^

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the great info....i've always struggled with writing the ccts skills in my record book.....my struggle has brought me to discover you....thank you for sharing dear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your lovely comment. I haven't posted for a long time and I'm glad there are people who still benefit from the posts. All the best! I'd love to hear more from you.

      Delete
  3. Woah! This is so informative. I was looking for Online LSAT Prep courses for my sister and I came across something very useful to me. Its like an icing on the cake. I am glad I came across this post, my knowledge just got upgraded, would love to share it further.

    ReplyDelete

I truly welcome comments and feedback! Whether you want to write a ten-foot long essay on why you love my post (ahhem) or simply say 'Hello!', feel free to do so! :)